For those of you with reservations about baking something special for loved ones this Valentine’s Day, Kenwood Chef have put together some video tutorials to show you how easy it is. Chocolate cupcakes are a favourite in my house and always a winner no matter the occasion.
Follow along to the video to make your own delicious chocolaty treats.
And here’s the recipe:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Level 1
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Ensure that your ingredients and equipment are at room temperature to reduce the risk of the mixture curdling.
- Place the butter and sugar into your mixer bowl and using the creaming beater cream on medium speed until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Beat the eggs to together, reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add the eggs. Ensure that each addition of the eggs is properly incorporated before adding the next amount of the eggs. Add a teaspoon of the flour after each amount of egg is added.
- Once the eggs have been incorporated add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and continue to mix together
- Place twelve paper cases into a muffin tray then divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes until they spring back when lightly pressed.
For the chocolate Icing:
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water; ensuring the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Place the butter into your mixer bowl and using the creaming beater cream the butter on medium speed until it becomes paler in colour.
- Add the icing sugar slowly and mix to combine. Ensure your splashguard is in place to avoid the icing sugar escaping from the bowl.
- When the icing sugar and butter are combined, mix in the melted chocolate until it is an even colour.
- Spoon the icing into an icing bag, and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with your chosen decorations.
And if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, why not try Tiramisu to complete a romantic Italian inspired meal. Kenwood Chef makes it easy!
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I have not personally tried this recipe, however I do use a Kenwood Chef mixer and kMix hand mixer that I purchased myself.